Monday 6 July 2015

meet challenge admin - Sally Fawcett



1. Your name, location
Sally Fawcett – Margaret River Western Australia

2. Describe your family
I have a partner who works FIFO and three small children, so you might think I don’t have much time to draw; however I’ve never drawn so much in my life since my third child was born.  It’s like it unleashed my creativity.
Sally Fawcett 







3. Describe your work
I am a primary school teacher (relief at the moment) and a writer and illustrator.  I would describe my illustrations as joyful, calm, positive.  I always try to inject a positive feeling into my art.  I want the viewer to feel a positive feeling when they look at my art.  I want them to want to look at it again and again ‘cos it gives them a good feeling.  I want to project a bit of positive out into the world.

Sally Fawcett

4. What is your career goal?
My career goal is to be a successful author for children.  I would like to illustrate some of my own books and I would like to share the thrill of book creation with other illustrators too.  Working part-time as a teacher at the same time as creating books is my ultimate goal.

5. Describe your art background
I am self-taught .  I learn from looking at other people’s art and asking questions about how they do it.  And I practice a lot!  I’ve never been so happy drawing almost every day.


Sally Fawcett

6. What do you love about the Challenge?
The support from other artists is the best part.  I also find the knowledge I have gained from the generosity of other artists sharing their techniques to be so valuable.  I often zoom right in so I can see exactly what they have done.  I love that the challenge has inspired me to create something every week.  I started in the first week of 2014 and I have not missed a single week!!! I’m a bit proud of this!  Even when I have been extremely busy I have managed to do a little quicky.

The challenge has given me so many opportunities.  I am currently illustrating my own picture book and I have recently been asked to exhibit in a local art gallery.  I also won $450 in a People’s Choice award for an Art auction.  I donated two challenge pieces.  I’m not sure if any of these things would have happened in my life if I had not committed to the challenge. Thank you so much to all the challenge members who make this challenge so wonderful.

Sally Fawcett


7. Tell us something that we don’t know about you
Sometimes I think there is an angel whispering ideas to me.


Sally Fawcett

Follow Sally online:
Website:  http://sallyfawcett.blogspot.com.au/
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Salsillos


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.