Monday 5 October 2015

meet Challenge member: Belladonna Raudvee

Belladonna Raudvee

1. Your name, location 
My name is Belladonna Raudvee and I currently live in Dongara, Western Australia. I moved here from my home state of NSW about 8 years ago.

2. Describe your family
I met my partner when the boat he was fishing on broke down in town. I told myself the moment I seen him that he was the man I would marry. Fast forward 10 years, 3 daughters, 4000kms and here we are!
Week 15 2015: STRUCTURE by Belladonna Baudvee


3. Describe your work 
I am currently involved in drawing the illustrations that will be etched into the stainless steel refurbishment of the ship Batavia's astrolabe that will be erected in a Geraldton park. In June 1629, the Batavia was wrecked on Morning Reef, on the Houtman Abrolhos Islands. There is a horrendous and brutal story involved, well worth a read!
Week 23 2015: RAIN by Belladonna Raudvee


4. What is your career goal? 
I have wanted to be an artist, Egyptologist, anthropologist, author and personal trainer but as I am now an adult I made the decision to focus on my childhood dream of illustrating children's books.
Week 25 2015: AFRICA by Belladonna Raudvee


5. Describe your art background
Drawing was just a background hobby of mine until I joined up with the local TAFE that offered two days a week Art Certificate. I was pregnant with my second child at the time but by the age of 4 months, Kirraleigh wasn’t content to sit in her rocker during class anymore. So since then I have been teaching myself everything I can.

Week 4 2015: INSECTS by Belladonna Raudvee

6. What do you love about the Challenge? What have you learned? 
I joined the challenge this year to give me a reason to practice and learn to complete illustrations faster. It has been the most rewarding experience and it reminds me every day that I am making progress towards my goal. The members are the support I need to give me that extra push.

7. What is your favourite illustration you have done for the challenge so far?
Week 15: VIETNAM is my favourite illustration of the challenge. I stepped out of my box and found a style that I enjoyed immensely as well as being my first watercolour.
Week 15 2015: VIETNAM by Belladonna Raudvee


8. Tell us something that we don’t know about you
Belladonna is the scientific name of Poison Ivy, my Father named me from a herb book. I am one of those rare people that love their name!

Week 21 2015: STRIPES by Belladonna Raudvee

Follow Belladonna online:

Website:  www.belladonnaraudvee.com

Facebook page:  www.facebook.com/belladonnaraudveeartist

Instagram: www.instagram.com/belladonna_raudvee

Redbubble: www.redbubble.com/people/belladonnaart/shop

1 comment:

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.