Monday 26 October 2015

meet challenge member: Peter Papamanolis


Peter Papamanolis
1. Your name, location
Peter papamanolis
Brisbane Queensland
Week 25: AFRICA by Peter Papamanolis


2. Describe your family
There were once four happy little children living here, as well as their joyful mother and a somewhat eccentric father. The only thing that has changed is that everyone is just older and the Internet exists.
Week 17: FLUFFY by Peter Papamanolis


3. Describe your work
I have been creating fine jewellery for the past thirty-five years, both for the jewellery industry and commissioned pieces. I work from my very small workshop where I hand make from scratch, diamond engagement rings, wedding bands and any piece of jewellery that can be imagined.

4. What is your career goal?
To work solely on commissioned pieces of jewellery and one day see a children’s book that has my name as the illustrator.
Week 19: EAT by Peter Papamanolis


5. Describe your art background
I’ve had very little formal training in art apart from a short course at college in jewellery design drawing, and another short course in Byzantine Iconography. I was inspired to draw by seeing my older brother’s art works. As a result the pencil has been my friend for most of my life and drawing has been just for the fun of it.

I discovered the Rotring pen at college and so I started to create elaborate doodles, which became a visual time capsule of a teenager trying to make sense of life.

I discovered pastels when I ran into an artist at a mall drawing character sketches, so I tried them for myself and enjoyed capturing friends faces on the new textured pastel paper.
I have done very little painting but pretty pleased with the results I could achieve with acrylic and gouache.
Week 10: NIGHT by Peter Papamanolis


6. What do you love about the Challenge? What have you learned?
I love how the challenge is so interactive and full of energy. With so many artists of varying skills levels posting constantly, it feels like a living stream of creativity! It’s great how the art is presented (cropped etc.) makes the whole site look really cool and consistent.
Week 12: COSTUME by Peter Papamanolis


7. What is your favourite illustration you have done for the challenge so far?
 WEEK 16:STRUCTURE
Week 16: STRUCTURE by Peter Papamanolis


8. Tell us something that we don’t know about you
I am an S.F.B addict…Scotch Finger Biscuit. Yes, I dip them as well!
I also create sand sculptures.

Follow Peter online:

Website: http://artonthebeach.blogspot.com.au/
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Highgate-Jewellery/130593383700001


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.